- Supplying specialty wood products to the residential and commercial building markets for over 35 years.
- Sawn beam products in dimensions up to 24" and lengths up to 32' are readily available.
- Dead standing spruce is our most popular product for decorative (non structural) applications due to light weight and low cost.
- We supply structural beams in Douglas Fir, Spruce, Lodgepole Pine, Southern Yellow Pine, and various other species.
- All our beams are available in rough sawn, planed on one or more sides, and very rustic foot adz finish.
- We offer milled round stock in various diameters to 12". Round stock is stocked in Spruce and Western Red Cedar up to 32" long.
- Round stock is available in rustic "draw knifed" texture.
- Spruce and Lodgepole Pine tree stock is available in diameters up to 36".
- We fabricate timber and tree stock trusses.
- T&G paneling is in stock - Aspen, Domestic and Scandinavian Spruce, Blue Ponderosa Pine, Eastern White Pine, Native Cedar, Yellow Pine, and other species based on availability.
- Character wood products include Juniper, Native Cedar, and Cypress.
- We offer rustic stairway and railing products.
Character Wood Specialists
Set your project apart with distinctive rustic accents and exposed structural members featuring the character and beauty of natural woods. Sawmill Specialties is your source for esoteric, highly stylish, rustic or elegant forest products.
Beams, timbers, posts, trusses, tongue and groove lumbers. Hard to find species. Beautiful character woods with appeal sure to delight.
Our buyers search North America, seeking out specialty woods produced by small sawmills drawing on local sources. These limited availability character woods add a unique dimension to your projects and an uncommon custom touch.
Huge Range of Applications
Products from Sawmill Specialties are perfect for both interior and exterior applications, in commercial or residential construction.
Custom Sawing for Custom Construction
In addition to our spectacular variety of specialty woods, we offer extensive options in custom sawing to your exact specification, including oversize dimensions. Not only that, choose from multiple finish options, including natural tree surfaces, smooth sawn members, textured sawing, and even handwork with draw knives and foot adz.
About Sawmill Specialties
Sawmill Specialties is a division of Satterwhite Companies, Inc. Since 1974, we have supplied materials for tens of thousands of homes and commercial properties nationwide. This vast experience demonstrates our ability to consistently meet the needs of professional builders and do-it-yourselfers with quality products at reasonable prices, and critical attention to details like on-time delivery. "We're an old-fashioned lumber yard, only a whole lot better."
8405 U.S. Highway 259 N
Longview, Texas 75605